For clients who have never had extensions, your first meeting will determine the type and length of the extensions they want. Clients who have been wearing extensions already but are interested in a change should also attend a consultation to have any questions or concerns dealt with. Online hair extension classes from ColdHair Academy will help you to set up your consultation and provide you with all the answers you need.
Before your first consultation, here are some helpful tips to make this time enjoyable, relaxed, and worthwhile for you and your clients.
Introduction to New Clients
- Before your client even walks through the door, you want them to have an impression of a stylist that is knowledgeable and professional, but also warm and friendly.
- If you are working from your home or a salon, you should ensure that your surroundings are clean and efficient looking, possibly with your professional hair extension certification from ColdHair Academy proudly framed on your wall.
- Provide a comfy area for the two of you to sit and chat. Your professional relationship will be more comfortable if you take a few minutes to chat with your client about their lifestyle, family, or work, and this knowledge will help you to offer the right choices.
Why Are You Considering Extensions?
That question is a good way to switch your conversation to business. Some people are thinking of extensions for a special event, while others may have been using them for years and are searching for a fresh look. Whatever your client’s reason, the more you know, the better advice you can give. Hair extension certificate programs will offer advice to you that you can pass on to your clientele.
Discuss Methods and Lengths
- Based on your consultation, you can offer informed advice regarding what methods will work best with their type of hair, and what length they want to achieve that certain look they have in mind.
- Using illustrations from online hair extension classes you can show your client an approximation of what the desired length will look like.
Using the correct colour is imperative for a seamless finish. ColdHair hair extension certificate programs offer lots of useful tips on achieving the perfect match. Before you order, note colour, special requests, thickness, length, style, and method selected. ColdHair comes in a wide variety of shades and fashion colours, so matching with your client’s hair should be a breeze.
Book Your Client
During consultation, make sure that your new client has had any questions answered, and that they can contact you if they think of something else. If you know that the extensions are being fitted especially for a big event, you may want to use this knowledge when scheduling the fitting. Having skills, knowledge and a good rapport will make the hair extension process enjoyable for both of you, and help to give your client the luxurious, elegant look desired.
For more in-depth information, look at ColdHair’s online hair extension classes.